I haven't blogged in a while. Since the last day of BEDA, 1st of May, to be exact. I actually sat down and wrote a blog yesterday, but then shut the window before publishing it. *fail*
Life's been pretty uneventful this past week. School's been kind of really boring. Half my friends have been absent since Monday, which sucks. But yeah, anyway.
Ok, I should really stop multi-tasking. Well, more like procrastinating, since I started writing this blog 4 hours ago. =/ I just got distracted looking at Miu Miu sunglasses, and then I decided I felt like reading, so I left to read. I finally finished reading The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger. It took me forever to finish it. I'm not sure why. I got bored at some parts. I actually liked the movie way better, which is surprising, since I like books much better than their movies almost all the time. I guess some of it was because Miranda Priestly was so much more likeable and human in the movie. Another reason is probably because Andrea in the book sold all the clothes she got from the magazine! Sold them! ladfhg! That is unacceptable! Who in their right mind sells Louboutins and Manolos? D= I just don't understand. *sigh* But whatever. Andrea was obviously crazy at the end of the book. Like I said, no one in their right mind would do that. =|
Oh! I totally forgot to talk about the new Mugglenet book! That was the reason I decided to write a blog today, because no one in IRL shared my excitement about this. (Example 1, Me: "MOM, A NEW MUGGLENET BOOK IS COMING OUT!!!111 *happydance*" Mom: "*blink**walksaway*" Psh. Whatever. But seriously, I cannot wat until June 1st! The book's actually called Harry Potter Should Have Died. *gigglefits* For people who have no idea what I'm talking about, or don't know what MuggleNet is, you should probably just skip this whole paragraph. =D But yeah, at first I thought it was a bit weird that the MN people actually wrote another book. Emerson's explanation writing the book is "We thought putting our extensive analysis in to book form was the best way to reach out to Harry Potter fans who haven't yet found their way onto MuggleNet (and don't listen to MuggleCast!). " Which is kind of hard for me to believe, actually. Honestly, I don't think a HP fan who has never been on MN before and does not listen to MC cares what the MuggleNet people think about the HP fandom, or even care enough about the HP fandom and whether it should have died or not no actually buy a book on it. But whatever. As long as we're getting new stuff from Emerson and Co, I'm happy. =)
And now I'm going to end this blog because I'm really tired and my eyes are coming out from the back of my head due to reading non stop for three hours. =/ I'll blog soon. Promise. TTFL.<3
wind up alarm clock
4 years ago
2 Comments:
New MN book? I'm so not going on that site anymore *hides*. I'll look it up, I'm curious. If they're analysing the books, I might wait a bit to read it though, I'm so sick of analysing books, lol.
^Tsk tsk Jacinthe. Although honestly, I don't read the news as carefully as I used to. I just skim the titles, and just read the ones that catch my attention. Aww, lol. Well, it's not coming out until June, so you have a month to recover from your Cinderella paper, lol.
Post a Comment