Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm Craving Chocolate. And Potatoes.

I haven't blogged in a very long time. It's been nearly two weeks. This is another example of how I really fail at life, and the Malay language. Well, it's not an example of how I fail in Malay, but it's true. For some reason I still can't make simple everyday conversation in Malay even though I've been living in Malaysia for nearly nine years. =/ It's really embarrassing. Especially when someone asks me how long I've been here for, and after hearing my answer they go "Oh, so you must know how to speak Malay!" and then I'll look like an idiot telling them that I don't. I think I'm gonna make a promise to myself today. I'm going to learn two words in Malay everyday, and then each week I'll write what I've learned here, so you guys can make sure I don't cheat. Give me a virtual punch or something if I don't have my 8 words next Saturday. Or Yasmin could even give me a real one. =/ Um, yeah. But anyway. Moving on.
So the past two weeks have been kind of busy. The thing I was worried about when I was writing my last blog turned out to be nothing. I didn't even know what I was worried about at the time. Everyone was just acting really weird, so it got me worried. It turned out to be that my dad was in the hospital, because of a false alarm. They thought he might be having heart problems, but he wasn't. =P And I still don't get why no one was telling me he was in the hospital. When I asked me mom why she didn't tell me, she said "I thought you'd be worried.*eyeroll* " I guess she doesn't know me well then. =P I wasn't worried. And now I sound like a horrible person. But the thing is that I don't really take doctors seriously. They just take too many precautions, and try to make you worried for no reason. I've noticed that in the past two years that I've been running from one doctor's office to another one. Each of them tries to tell me that I'll die if I don't go to this other doctor ASAP, but then when I go to whoever they referred me to, they also tell me that they can't find nothing wrong with me, but it's better if I go to this other doctor before I die in my sleep that night. =P And secondly, I know my family's also known for overreacting, so my dad probably felt a bit dizzy or something, or had high blood pressure for a few minutes and thought he was having a stroke. =P So yeah, I'm not a horrible person. I think. Well, not for not being worried about my dad anyway. Maybe for other reasons. Did that make any sense?
So I'm going to end this here. It's getting pretty long, and I want to go to bed. I'm sorry if this post wasn't coherent, I'm really tired, and my parents are yelling at me to get off the computer. I'll be back tomorrow, and maybe I'll even find a pair of shoes to talk about. =)
-Marzieh<3

4 Comments:

Anonymous

Haha, I love how your title had nothing to do with the blog. XD <3 Anyway, yeah. I don't think you're a horrible person for not being worried. My grandma was in the hospital a while ago (I think it's been around two years, now), and I wasn't really worried when I got the diagnosis. This story might make me seem like a horrible person, though. Anyway, my grandma was diagnosed with early stages of leukemia. Now, I understand fully that leukemia is cancer, and I know what cancer does. HOWEVER, while my entire family was freaking out, I was like, "...They caught it early. Medicine has come a long, long way since you were all children." (Most of my older relatives like great aunts and uncles, etc. have refused to believe that medicine has advanced since they were young, and thus they freaked the heck out and practically started planning for her, of course, imminent death. *eyeroll*) And I've watched enough medical shows to understand that when cancer is caught in the early stages, it's rarely fatal. I was more concerned about her diabetes and being overweight, because those aren't really things you can treat medically unless the person really wants to change, whereas with cancer you can give chemo and radiation and stuff. Anyway. So yeah, the point of that was that I've been through the same thing, so I don't think you're a horrible person. <3 But I think now that I am. ;p What a great story to tell. *fail*

Gerarda

Yum potatoes =D

I don't think you are a horrible person, after all,in the end there was nothing to be worried about =)
My grandma went into hospital with stomache cancer when I was eight/nine/ten. I can't remember being that worried, mainly because I was eight and had no idea what was really going on because of course, the adults don't tell you anything. Also as an eight year old it's not your job to worry. She's fine now, well as fine as you can be after extensive chemo and surgery to remove the cancer...
Yay for blogging!! LEARN MALAY NOW.

=P

Marzieh

Lindsay-Lol, thanks.<3 And you're not a horrible person either. That's horrible about your grandma. =( Is she ok now?

Gerarda- That's horrible about your grandma as well. I'm glad she's fine now. =D *runstolearnmalay*

Anonymous

Yep, I'm pretty sure her cancer is in complete remission now, just as I predicted. She's all done her chemo and radiation treatments, too, and I hear she's been exercising a bit - going for walks around town and such - to try and lose some weight, so it sounds good. =)